NeighborWorks Salt Lake: YouthWorks VISTA Position Description
Project Name: “It’s All About The Data.”
The NeighborWorks Salt Lake: YouthWorks VISTA Member will be charged with the task of increasing the efficiency and efficacy of the data capture and evaluation within the YouthWorks program. This position is for a motivated individual who currently possesses or is willing to acquire data collection and evaluation skills and who is passionate about youth after-school programming.
NeighborWorks Salt Lake is a local nonprofit organization with a mission to build on the strengths of neighborhoods, creating opportunities through housing, resident leadership, and youth and economic development. We work in partnership with residents, government, and businesses to build and sustain neighborhoods of choice. YouthWorks is a 37-year-old community-based pre-employment and leadership development program in NeighborWorks’ Community Building and Organizing line of business. The program teaches high school students learn life, social, drug resistance, and employment skills while they earn a bi-weekly stipend of $200. Additionally, YouthWorks strengthens the ties that the youth have with our community through community service projects.
For the past four years, YouthWorks has been working to capture the evidence that would prove the program’s impact on Sale Lake County youth. Due to capacity restraints, the program has made inconsistent progress toward that goal. YouthWorks is seeking a VISTA Member to aid in the modification and implementation of an evaluation plan, monitoring procedures, training modules, and data storage system.
YouthWorks is attempting to measure the efficacy of its program through pre- and post-surveys, weekly quizzes, progress report tracking, homework completion, and many other data points and measurement tools. The VISTA Member will observe the current data collection procedures, review existing data, complete needed data entry or reorganization, and then complete intensive research on best practices for data collection and storage. Working with the YouthWorks Coordinator and the Director of Community Relations, the VISTA Member will develop modified measurement tools, data collection procedures, and a data storage system. The VISTA Member will then create training tools for current staff and evergreen training tools and updated sections of the Policies & Procedures Manual for future staff.
Additionally, the VISTA Member will observe and monitor the delivery of the evidence-based curriculum employed by YouthWorks for fidelity by reviewing the curriculum, participating in training, and observing its delivery to YouthWorks participants. The VISTA member will work with the YouthWorks Coordinator and Director of Community Relations to reflect on the quality of curriculum implementation and any changes that should be made.
Other secondary tasks that the VISTA Member include outreach and recruitment for the YouthWorks program, website and social media updating/posting, and additional tasks as assigned by the YouthWorks coordinator.
Skills for Success:
NeighborWorks is hiring for an individual who is passionate about the work, who shows a willingness to, an eagerness to, and demonstrates the capacity to develop new skills while serving with NeighborWorks Salt Lake, and who is committed to the VISTA mission and priorities. Additional skills that will make an applicant successful include:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume. Applications due through my.americorps portal by May 10: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=87198&fromSearch=true.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12,277.00 /year
Position Title: Mortgage Loan Officer
The Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) proactively solicits new residential mortgage business and sells NeighborWorks Salt Lake (NWSL) mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals.
In this on-going sales role, the Mortgage Loan Officer continually identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. A Mortgage Loan Officer’s network may consist of Real Estate professionals, builders, professional and personal contacts, as well as other valuable referral sources, and is enhanced by the Mortgage Loan Officer’s regular participation in business related development opportunities, community efforts to promote homeownership, and professional organizations.
The MLO responds to customer inquiries and referrals that are generated from both their own contacts and from other NeighborWorks Salt Lake business channels. The MLO conducts interviews with prospective borrowers to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information. The MLO ensures exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures, regulatory requirements, and by demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements.
The Loan Officer reports to the Lending Manager
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prospects new mortgage lending opportunities.
• Meets with customers as necessary during various stages of the loan process.
• Utilizes NeighborWorks training materials, reference tools and other resources to provide accurate and up-to-date loan program/policy information to both external customers and internal business partners.
• Provides complete loan applications and summaries for loan committee.
• Ensures exceptional customer experience by overseeing loan process from origination to close and providing on-going communication to customers and business partners.
• Achieves production goals as established by NeighborWorks Salt Lake.
• Make preliminary judgments regarding applicant eligibility for NWSL program,
home cost and feasibility of obtaining a loan based on profile/service request information.
• Conduct application interviews with interested customers. Complete applications
and distribute necessary paperwork to comply with Fair lending practices.
• Identify with Controller which funding will be used for each loan.
• Generate necessary documents for loan file including ordering credit reports,
appraisals, preliminary title reports, requesting verifications and inspections.
• Prepare loan summary sheets for each new loan for monthly Loan Committee
Loan Closing, Processing, and Servicing
• Prepare (or arrange for preparation of) all documents for loan closing, including
Homeowner Pledge, Use Restrictions, etc.
• Attend closing and follow-up with the title company to obtain recording
information, prepare loan file, and set-up loan in system.
• Ensure that each loan customer has current homeowner insurance.
• Serve as staff support for monthly Loan Committee meetings;
• Work with Homeownership Administrator to arrange post-purchase counseling for NWSL customers.
• Attend community meetings and gatherings to promote NWSL and the loan
program, including, but not limited to, community council meetings, school and
PTA meetings, neighborhood fairs and events, business functions, etc.
Demonstrated understanding of mortgage origination, processing, underwriting and closing procedures. Knowledge of conventional and/or government lending guidelines. Understanding of Federal Regulations governing Real Estate Lending.
• Strong computer skills including a fundamental understanding of MS applications, database management. Previous experience utilizing technology for communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information.
• Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences.
• Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives.
• Professional and effective interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiasm for assignments and the ability to meet established timelines.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Licensed MLO
Base salary plus generous commission. Full-time plus benefits.
Send your resume and cover letter to Allison Trease at email@example.com