Position Title: Mortgage Loan Officer
The Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) proactively solicits new residential mortgage business and sells NeighborWorks Salt Lake (NWSL) mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals.
In this on-going sales role, the Mortgage Loan Officer continually identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. A Mortgage Loan Officer’s network may consist of Real Estate professionals, builders, professional and personal contacts, as well as other valuable referral sources, and is enhanced by the Mortgage Loan Officer’s regular participation in business related development opportunities, community efforts to promote homeownership, and professional organizations.
The MLO responds to customer inquiries and referrals that are generated from both their own contacts and from other NeighborWorks Salt Lake business channels. The MLO conducts interviews with prospective borrowers to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information. The MLO ensures exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures, regulatory requirements, and by demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements.
The Loan Officer reports to the Lending Manager
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prospects new mortgage lending opportunities.
• Meets with customers as necessary during various stages of the loan process.
• Utilizes NeighborWorks training materials, reference tools and other resources to provide accurate and up-to-date loan program/policy information to both external customers and internal business partners.
• Provides complete loan applications and summaries for loan committee.
• Ensures exceptional customer experience by overseeing loan process from origination to close and providing on-going communication to customers and business partners.
• Achieves production goals as established by NeighborWorks Salt Lake.
• Make preliminary judgments regarding applicant eligibility for NWSL program,
home cost and feasibility of obtaining a loan based on profile/service request information.
• Conduct application interviews with interested customers. Complete applications
and distribute necessary paperwork to comply with Fair lending practices.
• Identify with Controller which funding will be used for each loan.
• Generate necessary documents for loan file including ordering credit reports,
appraisals, preliminary title reports, requesting verifications and inspections.
• Prepare loan summary sheets for each new loan for monthly Loan Committee
Loan Closing, Processing, and Servicing
• Prepare (or arrange for preparation of) all documents for loan closing, including
Homeowner Pledge, Use Restrictions, etc.
• Attend closing and follow-up with the title company to obtain recording
information, prepare loan file, and set-up loan in system.
• Ensure that each loan customer has current homeowner insurance.
• Serve as staff support for monthly Loan Committee meetings;
• Work with Homeownership Administrator to arrange post-purchase counseling for NWSL customers.
• Attend community meetings and gatherings to promote NWSL and the loan
program, including, but not limited to, community council meetings, school and
PTA meetings, neighborhood fairs and events, business functions, etc.
Demonstrated understanding of mortgage origination, processing, underwriting and closing procedures. Knowledge of conventional and/or government lending guidelines. Understanding of Federal Regulations governing Real Estate Lending.
• Strong computer skills including a fundamental understanding of MS applications, database management. Previous experience utilizing technology for communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information.
• Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences.
• Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives.
• Professional and effective interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiasm for assignments and the ability to meet established timelines.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Licensed MLO
Base salary plus generous commission. Full-time plus benefits.
Send your resume and cover letter to Allison Trease at email@example.com
NeighborWorks® Salt Lake
4843 S Poplar Street
Murray, Utah 84107